No comment left, would you like to comment?
While it is one of the inns in Kemeraltı Bazaar, where trade is intense, today we can see the Keten Inn thanks to its name on it. Just like Büyük Demir Inn, which is right next to it.
In the insurance plan of 1905, his name was passed as Kütür Inn. There is no clear information about the date and by whom the Keten Inn was built. However, the fact that the name of the inn is mentioned in a foundation dated 1742 shows that it existed on this date.
There were nine spaces on each side of the corridor between the two doors of the Keten Inn. It is possible to see the traces of the doors with round arches on the corridor façades of some places. The middle corridor of the inn was later turned into two floors. The upper part of the corridor, which is covered with a wooden curtain, was also used as a passage.
As the name suggests, linen fabric, yarn and canvas were traded in the inn. In the middle of the 19th century, this trade was replaced by the dried fruit trade. Today, Keten Inn is used as a warehouse by shopkeepers engaged in toy trade.